- 1 qt chicken broth, or enough for the desired amount of soup (we usually make our own stock, just pull it out of the freezer)
- 1 large carrot, slided bite-size
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 large leaves of kale, chopped fairly fine
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 cup cooked cubed chicken (a good use for leftovers)
- 1 cup cooked pasta, room temp or cold (rotini, shells, elbow, or similar, also a good use for leftovers)
- salt and garlic powder to taste (I don't know how much I used, maybe 1/8 or 1/4 tsp each)
Friday, April 4, 2008
Soup!
My daughter learned to say "soup" because of this basic soup. I can't believe how much she loved it. It made me so happy to see her eat kale - a green leafy veggie that is about the most nutritious thing going (Alton Brown said so!). And it was tasty - the whole family enjoyed it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment