This encouragement is from my dear inspiring friend, when I had emailed her about the awkwardness of addressing my concerns with my child's daycare feeding her hotdogs and other "toddler foods". (There's not many childcare options around here...). The provider would not allow me to send lunch for my daughter - if you bring food, you must bring it for everyone. I can understand the reasoning, but I am not feeding all the children in her care...
"Tell her you have nutritional concerns/restrictions and you need to send her own food. Stating that there are certain foods she just can't have should be good enough (regardless of the reason). When people have allergies or religious restrictions no one questions it (& I'm not trying to discount those reasons), but why should personal choices in feeding your kids be given less weight. Those raising their kids to be vegetarian are better respected than those just trying to feed their kids healthy food!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment