Thursday, April 3, 2008

Frazzled

Let me start out by saying, I am no expert. I have a friend that I would consider to be an expert, but she is too busy doing wonderful things with and for her family to have a blog such as this. I have also have spent so much time searching the web and the library searching for new ways to get great nutrition into my kid. I'm not talking just about balanced meals, I'm the kind of mom who refuses to give her kid a hotdog. One of my daughter's favorite foods right now is broccoli, and that just makes me so happy I could cry. But when time is short and the family is hungry I do have to admit to resorting to frozen precooked chicken nuggets (all white meat real chicken breast, not those patties... but still not great). There are lots of recipes for wholesome, nutritious food out there, but c'mon, I'm working here! Give me something nutritious and EASY. I also want something I can feed us parents, too!

Our family has gone from living in a bustling city with no end of things to do, to a small... and I mean small, rural town... thank God there's a college. Which is where my husband is currently working. I telecommute, so where he goes, we all go. Childcare for the early years in this area is, shall we say, lacking. In fact, after having done an excruciating childcare search in the city, I am utterly, unbelievably, and completely shocked at the quality of childcare. Ahem. That being said, I have no choice, I have responsibilities and we need the paycheck. In effort to counteract the "daycare effect," I've redoubled efforts to find fun, stimulating, engaging activities for my not-quite-2 year old that we can enjoy together.

So this blog will help my organize my efforts in finding healthy easy recipes and activities, and in dealing with childcare issues.

No comments: